Well, I'm about to do all of you a huge favor! As any of you who know my mom knows, she is a very talented woman. Many of you have been recipients of her talent. Well, I really wanted her to teach me how to make her car seat cover with a window so that I could make one for my friend. She cautioned me about this. She said, "As soon as you make one you will be asked to make more and more." They really are that amazing! And everyone wants to know where they can buy one, or if she'll make one for someone they love. SO... I decided that I would make this one, and document the whole thing so that I could blog her instructions. NOW YOU ALL CAN MAKE YOUR OWN! You're welcome!!!
2. Measure in 12.5”. on the left side, the middle, and the right side and mark with a dot. Do this on the bottom as well. Do this on both pieces of fabric.
3. Draw a line connecting the dots
(proof that yours truly really did work on this thing)
(the master herself, isn't she cute?)
13.Sew 3/4” in. Liken to step 7.
14. Repeat step 8
15. You are also going to kinda repeat step 9, but only around the window.
16.Repeat steps 12-15
18. Now we are going to bind the edges. Fold your sides in 3/4” and then roll it so that it measures 1”. Pin this all the way around. HINT, start in the middle and work your way out. IN the corners, fold until it looks right. Refer to pic, and then IRON ALL OF IT. Then you will top stitch around. You can do a decorative stitch here if you want.
22. Straps will be sewed about in the middle, depending on the car seat
23. We used ribbon as the holder of the flap/cover. Cut the ribbon 8”. Loop ribbon on both sides (2” from corner) and pin overlapping. Put the flap over the top, lining the top of the window. Sew across the top, using the footer as your guide.