Monday, March 19, 2012

14 week baby picture!

I know that you all already know this, but this is the first time that I've blogged about it. We're pregnant! And as you can see from picture number 3 above, its a little boy!

You know what? This has been a pretty hard go for me. I don't really understand it and that's another reason why its so hard. I thought that being pregnant was going to be the most amazing thing. I thought that I would be so excited. But to tell you the truth I have really really struggled. The first 6 weeks were a cake walk, but every day after that has literally been miserable. How come none of you other pregnant women ever told me this before I got pregnant? Maybe I just wasn't listening? Maybe you just wont ever understand until you experience it first hand? I don't know! But I was seriously blind sided. Once I hit week seven I got so sick! Lucky for me it was usually only for a second at the beginning of the day (for two weeks I couldn't brush my teeth without throwing up) and then I was able to go to work and be productive (I only missed a few days, which is crazy because of how sick I have been), and then I'd come home and the show would begin. I would try and eat something, but everything sounded NASTY to me, and then I would sit ever so still so as not to disrupt my stomach, then much to the dismay of my efforts, my stomach would literally flop and I would spend the next 10-15 minutes in the bathroom. And no I wasn't just nauseous, I was violently hacking up whatever was in my stomach. Sometimes I thought that my eyes were going to pop out of my skull! I have a wrinkle on my forehead from this, and my teeth hurt because I now grind my teeth! Now physically this is all nasty, and it was to experience as well, but what I wasn't at all prepared for was how it affected me mentally and emotionally. I would cry and cry because of how I felt, and how depressed I was becoming. To the point where I would question if I really wanted a baby! (which is horrible to admit, but this is important). Cory has been the best person in the whole wide world. He has never once told me that I needed to pull it together, he would just hold me and not hold me (when that made me nauseous) and he was so kind to me even when I wasn't in return. I have never loved him more than I do now.

Things have gotten a little better. I have days where I go for 3, 4, and my record, 6 days without throwing up. And I'm grateful for that time, because then I get the chance to actually think about this little guy inside of me. On the days that I do get sick, I don't get so emotional afterwards, and I don't question things (which I honestly can say has been an answer to many of my prayers). And I'm finally starting to show a LITTLE bit. I know that the pregnant belly will happen, but I've noticed that a lot of the reason that I haven't felt super excited yet, is because it hasn't seemed real yet. So I look forward to a little belly bump, you know, so that I can start FEELING like there is a reason for all of this sickness.

I know what you're all thinking. MAN, WHAT A BABY! How Silly is she being!!! And you know what? I know! Sometimes I want to smack myself across the face and say... "PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER!" but you know what? I am learning important lessons from this time in my life. I have felt the Spirit so strong, and I have felt my Heavenly Father bless me. I've noticed those small things. And so for that, in a strange way, I'm grateful for this experience.

Things really are starting to feel better. I know that those horrible nights will end. I know that magically in the morning I will feel better. I know that Cory is going to be an amazing dad! He has been more than excited for the both of us. And you know what? I think that here in the very near future I will start to get to be a part of that excitement.

For those of you who are worried about me (AHEM Mom and Sarah (and probably many more)) thank you for your prayers and for your love. I am being blessed and I really am so grateful that my Heavenly Father has given me the opportunity to be a mom. I know that this is all worth it!


Just a side note. Cory's mom was extremley ill in all 3 of her pregnancies, so maybe... just maybe... this is the price I must pay so that my baby will have those AMAZING WATERS eyes! ha ha ha.... but even if not, he'll be perfect anyways!

5 comments:

  1. wahoo the first to comment! oh rachy...i so wish you could magically feel better and just be excited...i'm sure it will come. i know we keep saying that but you can't feel THIS gross forever! everyone is different and you forget a lot of it-that's why you have more i guess.
    lol on this all being worth it if your baby gets the waters eyes! they are dreamy ;)
    i'm glad you are seeing some blessings because of all this. that's how life is i guess. the good and bad...we learn through it all. i can't believe you are really having a boy. i hardly know what little boys are! pregnancy prepares you for all those sleepness nights AFTER the baby comes. Heavenly Father knows what you can handle.
    can't wait for the baby showers! love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach want an amazing post! It is good to hear that you are getting some breaks in there. Reading that brought back vivid memories to my mind of nights spent with my head in the toilet. Luckily it will pass and you'll forget how bad it was and do it all over again:) I can't wait to have some more Bateman boys in the family, but with the Water's eyes of course. Take it one day at a time and before you know it that little guy will be here and all the trouble it took getting to that day will not matter, the moment you look into that beautiful face! We love you guys and can't wait to meet little baby Waters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Rachel, I am so sorry! That is the worst; I am so glad you're starting to feel a bit better, and you are amazing to have that great attitude! I don't think you're a baby at all. I always felt guilty complaining about pregnancy and hard babies because I thought 'at least I can have children'. But honestly, it's a struggle to have children too! You are awesome and you and Cory will be the best parents ever! You have a lucky little boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT?! I did NOT know you were pregnant! I'm so happy for you! I was sick from week 6-16 and constantly felt like throwing up. It's awesome...but hey you'll forget all about it once the little guy comes! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you guys as well. I know this is a little delayed but I am really happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete