Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Nursery

I spent a lot of time worried about the nursery. I mean A LOT of time. My brother in law was living with us until July and didn't move his stuff out until August, just one month before my due date. Everyone kept telling me, as long as you have a car seat and diapers, that baby will be fine.But for whatever reason in my crazy pregnant mind, I would be a bad mom if his nursery wasn't ready for him the day he came home. SO... Labor day weekend, the weekend before Tate was born, my doctor told me that he didn't want me traveling to Grover and that I needed to stay home and relax. So we stayed home, but there was no relaxing. We worked on, and finished, Tate's nursery. And it was ready for when we brought him home. But guess what I found out? All that mattered is we had a car seat and diapers.
I love a lot of different things in this picture. I love that old rocking chair! It might be one of my favorite things in that nursery. It belonged to Tate's great great grandmother Viola Bauer. I also love the blanket draped on that old rocking chair. Tate's great grandmother Aileen Givan hand made that for him. I should make his grandmother Denise make a pillow or something for it and then I could make something and it would be four generations of love right in his nursery.

Also, Tate's great grandmother Nelda Israelsen made him the curtains!
 I've already dedicated a whole blog to this beast of a dresser. Another thing and I just HAD to HAVE. But even now that I realize that it doesn't matter that much, I love this thing because Cory worked so hard on it for his little baby!
 And the crib! My dad is seriously the best. My crazy pregnant self asked him to make my baby a crib. I had it all picked out and gave him the picture. For months my amazingly talented dad thought about how to make it work. And as the months, and then the weeks, and then the days got closer... he finally came to me with this crib. He bought it for us (so nice) because he just couldn't get himself to make the crib, there are so many regulations and dangers that he just didn't want to have any problems with our brand new baby and his crib. I LOVE this crib! And whats even better than that, baby Tate loves his crib. He has been sleeping in his crib since the day we brought him home.
And these are the bumpers that my mom made. I come from very talented stock... I don't have a lot showing for it! ha ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment