Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Day 4. Inside Passage and Tracy Arm Fjord

Today was a great day. The entire day was spent traveling NORTH TO ALASKA (Sing along with Johnny Horton if you'd like) in the inside passage. The goal was to get up to the Tracy Arm Fjord glacier. This was probably the coldest day of our whole trip. We got to go up on the frigid windy deck and take in the beauty that was around us. It really was a sight to see. Luckily I have a cold blooded husband, because I wore my coat and his coat this whole morning.


 These are the towering granite cliffs. 


 Below you can see a seal swimming along with us. 
 Because of how thick the icebergs were our captain didn't feel comfortable taking us all the way up to Tracy Arm Fjord. He let us know we'd be turning around and heading out. When he said that I was a little shocked. I don't know if the pictures do it justice, but it felt like we were close to shore on both sides. I just didn't think it possible that the boat could turn around, I thought we'd have to reverse out of there. But the ginormous cruise ship literally turned on a dime. It was if the engines  stopped, then the ship pivoted in place and we started going again. It was seriously amazing!




No comments:

Post a Comment