Sunday, March 27, 2011

Craft Day with ME as the host!!!

Can I just start off with how hard it is to do craft day? Luckily it turned out to be a success, because the night before I had all but canceled it. Cory and I spent the whole night before working on my sewing machine. This "ol beauty" was a gift to my mom for her wedding! It has worked like a charm for me on my last couple of projects, BUT... I know how this goes. You have a talk on Sunday, you don't try and print it out Sunday morning, because it never fails that your printer wont work. I knew that was going to happen with my "ol beauty". Cory had to fix the entire bobbin case and completely take the whole thing apart! Let me tell you, it wasn't the best date night ever. ha ha ha. But I am so grateful to my handy little hubby for taking it all apart and putting it all together. He even whipped a little pillow together to make sure it was stitching right... which of course it wasn't! I couldn't figure out why the thread was SO SO loose. But... by midnight I just thought, it'll have to do. The next morning I had the brilliant idea to have Meg stop by my moms house and get her machine! It is so much newer and so much nicer! As you can see. BUT NO!!! When it got here I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to thread her bobbin. AND OF COURSE she was in Grover!!! She tried to work me through it over the phone... didn't work, she tried to walk Laura and Cory through it as well.... and it didn't work. Mom's exact words " Next craft day I'm going to put together and teach you girls how to thread a sewing machine" FINALLY!!! That's all I want!!! ha ha ha So the new, nice sewing machine just sat there the whole day! Thank goodness for my "ol beauty".
Now on to the actual project. Due to some pregnant girl complications, Sarah couldn't join us and Laura showed up late. Both due to an excess amount of throwing up! So Meggers and I were the only ones that actually did the projects this time. I decided to have March's project be to cover pillows.


Here is Megs before!!!

And here are her afters! Aren't they so cute???
She decided to go with Dr Seuss fabric! The colors were so freaking great!!!
Oh my gosh! Can you believe my horrible before picture? These horrible pillows came from my free coaches!
And this is the after!
How do you like it???
Meg and both have husbands who sometimes end up working on craft day so we usually get to hang out all day long. After the pillows were made we went to lunch at the new craze in Provo (if its not new don't tell me, sometimes I like to feel like I'm "up" on things) Sammy's. Its probably the most delicious burger that I ever ate in my entire life!!! I will for sure be going back there! We also went to my favorite little boutique Maddox Couture., just lookin around.


When we got back we both wanted to try and figure out the fabric flowers while we chatted. Lucky for me just the other week I scored (yet again) at the Preston DI (favorite DI next to Logan"s) with these beauty's. They have about 3 inches of fabric rolled all up! They have to be at least 50 years old! I got them for .50 cents a roll! They both have about 15 yards left on them!


After just a few tries and lots of burned fingers I think we got the hang of them!
Even though I didn't think March's craft day was going to work out, IT DID!!! No matter what the hold up, keep working through it and you'll end up being happy with the results!!!

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!


AND HAPPY SPRING!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You girls are so crafty. I am so impressed. You need to teach me one of these days. I love your pillows.

    ReplyDelete