Tuesday, June 7, 2011

New Jobs!

Well, this month we've been very very blessed. Cory finished up spring semester and since we already knew that he had been accepted to the police academy, we knew that his schedule would allow for him to have a full time job during the day. And so we both set out searching for a full time job for him!!! Luckily our good friend Jess soon to be Dent let us know that she just left her job and they were hiring. So we applied for the position, and with a sweet little word from Jess, Cory was interviewed and hired!!! He now works for Angies List from 7-3:30 every day. He loved Zupas, but was sure ready to move on! I cant tell you how proud I am of him, he's already been in the top of the company 3 times in two weeks as the newbie!!!

Well, I've worked for Myler Disability for almost a year. I wasn't so happy about it when I first started there because everyone has to start out in their call center, but I quickly moved up in the company and have really enjoyed the laid back atmosphere and the people that I work with. I have also gotten a ton of experience!!! Needless to say, I wasn't looking for a job. But one day I kept getting a call over and over (if any of you know me, I hate talking on the phone, so if I don't know who it is, I'll wait for the voicemail). Finally Cory answered it for me and brought it to me and told me to talk. It was an old friend who told me that her firm was hiring a Paralegal and that she had told them all about me. She asked me to send over my resume and the lawyer called me that night and asked me to come for an interview the next day. I went with full intentions of turning them down, I was only going as a favor to my friend, but I felt SO STRONGLY that I needed to take this position, and it didn't hurt that they were offering more. It was actually kind of weird, because both my husband and I looked up the attorney I was to meet with on their website and both of us thought he looked SO FAMILIAR!!! Well, I already had a year plan laid out, and this wasn't included in it so I tried to shake it and continue on at Myler, but in the end, I finally listened and have started at Fillmore Spencer law office.

What I've learned from this is that its great to plan things and be prepared in your life, but be willing and open to change those plans when the Lord tells you he has a different one for you. HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING!!! How many times do I have to remind myself of that??? ha ha ha

Thanks Zupas and Myler for taking such good care of us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment