Saturday, June 4, 2011

Wicked in BOISE

Well! If any of you know me, you've known that I've been obsessed with this musical for some 7 years now! And for my 27th birthday I finally went to it. After 7 years of build up and even reading the book (which everyone knows is nothing like the play, but it does give you some more incite in to the characters) I finally got to go!!!
Now, of course I didn't get to see Idina Menzel or Kristin Chenoweth, but whoever we did see was awesome!!! I just sat in my seat literally excited from start to finish!!! So worth the money, time, and travel!

I got away with this little vacation (basically all geared toward myself) because it was my birthday! But after coming out of the play Cory and even his Dad LOVED it too!



Here I am blowing out my candles. Woah... now looking back, I don't think that I made a wish! What the??? I'll have to do something about that.

What is staying at a hotel without a few jumping on the bed pics??? I love Cory's face in this picture! It makes it even better because this pic was taken literally .5 seconds before he landed and broke the bed!!! Ha ha ha!!! I knew something was going to be broke! After a few good looks, and a brief thought of running to the local Lowe's to fix it ourselves, we confessed and moved rooms! Thank you to the nice lady at the hotel!


Even Sheila got in on some of the bed jumping!

This is us at Shoshone falls in Twin Falls Idaho.

It was so great to get to spend some time with Cory's parents! I know Cory was so thankful for some Mommy and Daddy time! (0: And I can bet Brad and Sheila appreciated it too now that the other two boys are out in the mission field!

Word to the wise, don't wear sandals on a hike, even if it is on a road! You'll get a bloody toe and a "I told you so" from your hubby.

That is Cory and I in the middle of the bridge! What you cant tell from this picture is that its raining cats and dogs and that we're soaked! I hear this bridge is a great place for bungee jumping! If I could ever get the guts up to go with someone that was going I think that I would totally do it!

You can tell from my hair in this pic that we're soaked!

This was such a fun trip! It was a lot of driving (I thought Boise was only like a 4 hour drive from Preston) and I got a head cold and car sick on the way home, but even with that and the price of tickets I would advise everyone to try and see it! You only live once, make time with your family and friends! Do things when you think about them! No regrets!


NEXT STOP!!! Girls weekend with Mom and Sarah down to Vegas to see LION KING!!! I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Such a FUN WEEKEND!!!! Those falls are just amazing...road trip?
    Ps...that is awesome that the bed broke! haha classic.
    What a fun girls weekend you girls are going to have! Seriously Lion King is such good play...not wicked or anything but the costumes are AWESOMES!!!

    ReplyDelete