Sunday, July 22, 2012

Fourth of July Weekend in Grover

Our plan this year was to stay home and take it easy for the 4th, since it landed on a Wednesday. However, Cory has been dying to go on a hike that my dad has told him about, and when my parents called and invited us to Grover to do that hike, I knew my idea of a relaxing weekend at home was not going to fly with Cory. As soon as I mentioned it to him, his bags were packed. So we headed down after work on Friday to meet up with Mom and Dad and Sarah and Tyson and their girls. Then we packed up and came home on Sunday.

Saturday we woke up and got ready for the World known Torrey parade.


 Look at that chubby little baby Ivie! She is the best baby I've ever been around.

 Honestly, between Sarah and Dad, I don't think any of the other kids got as much as they did! Parades and candy throwing must bring out the children in them!



 Here are some pregnant pictures. There aren't a lot of these going around, so enjoy! ha ha ha. I was 31 weeks here, so just about 8 months!

 Look at this cute little (sticky) family!
 These are my parents! Love them!!!
 We actually took our camera on this hike! Yahoo!!! This hike started out with a long, bumpy, ride. Baby Waters probably enjoyed the ride, but man alive, this momma didn't! But I just kept thinking to myself, no one like a complainer! Especially me!!!
 You see that fat girl in the dark blue shirt? That's me! And yes I did it! The hike in wasn't bad at all (I was just happy to be out of that bumpy truck), but it was interesting to me how my balance is effected by this pregnancy. TOP HEAVY!
 This is a HUGE cave that my dad has a great "story" for. One day you'll have to ask him to tell you about it.

 And right across from the huge cave is this natural formation of a SKULL!!! Spooky!
 And here is my dad, picking the skulls nose!
 It was beautiful weather while we were down there and Cory happened to snap this amazing sunset from the balcony! We are so blessed to be able to go down to Grover.
 The trip ended rather suddenly when Cory woke up the next morning with the FLU! yuck! He was miserable and couldn't sleep it off. So, I got us packed up and drove the sicky home! Luckily it was only 24 hours! And sorry to anyone else that might have gotten it!

1 comment:

  1. Your belly did change a lot in a month! But you look so cute! Its getting so close!! Can't wait to meet this cute baby!

    ReplyDelete