Sunday, July 15, 2012

Grover Weekend with the Waters Family

 I wish we had gotten more pictures of this vacation. This was the first time that Cory and I had tried hosting a party this big down in Grover, so our thoughts were usually preoccupied with more importantly things than remembering to take pictures. And on that note... shout out to all those who regularly host these family events... they usually go unnoticed and unthanked! After this week, Cory and I are always going to notice and ALWAYS be thankful for how much hard work, time, and energy the hosts put in to the event.

Some of the family got to go down Wednesday evening and stay all the way until Sunday! Cory and I were involved in that group. I was thankful for some time off work, and time in my favorite place.

Thursday: We went in to Calf Creek National Park and hiked the 3 miles in and 3 miles out. This entire hike was in sand, and heat, so it was a little more difficult for some of our party than we originally had planned. We packed a great lunch and tons of water.... and then left it all in the truck! We all packed in a few water bottles (mistake) and no treats or food (another mistake). Cory and I decided against packing our brand new camera in (another mistake), but luckily Steven and Grandma Israelsen packed theirs in. However we haven't exchanged pics yet. After a long long day, we all made it home and felt EMPOWERED that we had made it.

Friday: We decided to stay around the property and just relax (and recover) and wait for the rest of the family to get down. We rode 4-wheelers and we went on a few walks and we went up to Rachel's Rock to look for flint. Steven and Aiden were mountain goats and climbed up everything! By the end of the evening the rest of the family had all showed up. That night we decided to take a hike to the little Grover Cemetery down the way from the cabin. I always hate doing this, because someone always has the BRIGHT idea of slowly breaking off from the group and hiding in the bushes to scare us. I stayed in the middle of the group, and kept my eye on EVERYONE! But as we were walking in to the cemetery I looked  behind me and saw a very small light coming toward us. Of course I panicked and didn't pay attention to my step, and walked right in to some critters hole. It didn't hurt, but being 7 months pregnant and in the dark I lost my balance and started falling and it seemed like I was falling forever! I was pretty darn embarrassed. Geez! And of all the people... it was sweet and innocent STEVEN!!!

Saturday: We spent the day in at Capital Reef. We saw everything there was so see and raced back to the property so the boys could go shoot their guns! Boys and their guns!!!

Sunday: We went in to church, ate some dinner, packed up and went home.

We had a really great time with the family. It was great to be out in nature and catch up with the family. But man, Cory and I decided by the end of the trip, Grover is a happier place when you don't have to host to 30 people. Ha ha ha... We're better prepared now for next time!






No comments:

Post a Comment