Monday, July 9, 2012

MEMORIAL DAY 2012

Memorial Day weekend couldn't have come at a better time for me this year. Things with work had kind of BLOWN UP, and I had been working so many extra hours that I requested to take off the Friday before as well because I was starting to feel physically and emotionally overwhelmed with my life. Cory would say that was an under statement! Poor guy, but he is always so supportive of me and understands that I am the way I am.

So Thursday night Cory drove me to Nephi where Sarah met me and picked me up. I spent the evening at her house with her cute little family. I was planning on sleeping in, but of course, my first day of vacation I woke up at 6 am and couldn't fall back asleep. So as soon as I heard this little bug talking up in her crib, I ran to get her for some company. Seriously, baby Ivie is the BEST baby I've ever been around. She is always so happy and so smiley.

We got some camera lessons for our new camera while we were down from Val, and so I have a ton of weird random pics on my camera from us trying out different things. I couldn't resist putting this one on there. Isn't he such a stud?
 This weekend was all about sitting back and noticing the little things for me. That way I could pull myself back together to return to work. I love this picture. Karen is so great with the kids and Harley just wanted her to read her a story before bed time. Karen tried to get Bridger to sit still and listen as well (you can see that she's holding his foot at the bottom of this page) but if you know Bridger, you know that aint happening! ha ha ha Also, Sarah, always the cheeser!
 Cory got some lessons from the horse whisperer (aka Josh) this weekend. I cannot believe how comfortable Cory is with the horses. I've grown up around horses and still have a real trust issue with them, but Cory comes along and takes control. I don't know why its so surprising to me, he is so great with Stockton too. Maybe Cory is the animal whisperer? ha ha ha.
 Here is The Grover man himself. Doesn't he pretend to be a cowboy real good?
 I love how awesome my new camera is! An amateur like me can actually take a good photo.
 This is my little nephew Gabe. This smile is the best smile there is. He is such a good kid (when his older sisters aren't around).This is the trip where I finally came to terms that I am so GLAD to be having a boy. It seems like all of the Pinterest stuff is for cute little girl stuff, and 4 of my 5 best friends, plus my sister all have little girls, so preparing for a boy has been super different. But after spending time with Bridger and Gabe, I've become extremely excited for a little boy. Not very much longer....
I am forever grateful to my parents for so many things. But one of those things is Grover. It brings me so much peace to be down there. I literally feel closer to heaven while being there. It was in Grover that I truly gained my testimony of the gospel, where I truly felt the love that my father in Heaven has for me. I don't know if its because its so peaceful down there or what? But if you are ever in need of some quiet time, or some time to meditate, give me a call, because I know just the place for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment